It is Synertec’s policy to ensure that personal information is kept private and secure at all times and treated in the strictest of confidence. We do not sell or rent any information gathered about individuals (whether gathered on line or via our normal working relationship) without their express permission.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect personal data such as your name, company position, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, age, and IP address.
How do you use my personal data?
Lawful Basis for Processing Data
In most cases Synertec will be acting as the controller of your personal data and we use the principle of legitimate interest as the lawful basis of processing.
This means we have a genuine and legitimate reason to hold your data and in doing so, we do not harm any of your rights and freedoms.
Where we use data we carefully consider any potential impact on you and your rights. We also ensure we have controls in place, so if you ask us to stop processing your data for any purpose we can respect this request.
Browsing our site
If you are making a job application or enquiry, you may provide us with a copy of your CV or other relevant information. We may use this information for the purpose of considering your application or enquiry. You are consenting to us sharing this information with third parties for the specific purpose of managing our recruitment activities which may store data outside the UK. Except when you explicitly request otherwise, we may keep this information on file for future reference. Our Privacy Notice for Recruitment Candidates is available on request.
If you obtain products or services from us, we may use your contact details for the purposes of:
- providing training, customer support and account management;
- order processing and billing;
- verifying your usage of the products and services in accordance with the terms and conditions of your agreement with us;
- issuing announcements; and
- maintaining our company accounts and records.
Product and service related data
If you use our services, such as Prism, we may collect the following types of information:
- browser type, browser version, and operating systems being used;
- page load times, performance statistics, and computer hardware resources;
- customer username; and
- IP address, other machine identifiers, and specifications of computers being used.
We may use such information for purposes which include, but are not limited to:
- providing the products/services and any associated maintenance and technical support;
- providing incident and other alerts, and information about product upgrades, updates, renewals and product lifecycle changes;
- providing maintenance and technical support;
- generating logs, statistics and reports on service usage, and service performance;
- evaluating, developing and enhancing products, services, and our infrastructure; and
- planning development roadmaps and product lifecycle strategies.
Some services also collect or generate an ID code for each machine which reports back to us. This ID code is only used to enable us to distinguish between unique machines so that:
- we do not duplicate reports from the same source;
- we can determine the number of unique machines that are using the products and services; and
- we can troubleshoot service issues.
Certain services may include features that collect additional personal data for other purposes, as described below. For detailed information, please also refer to the applicable product or service description.
If you participate in any Synertec surveys, we may use the data you supply to carry out market research. This research is conducted to support our business activities and anonymised results may be published externally. Research may also be used to improve our understanding of our users' demographics, interests and behaviour where relevant to engagements with Synertec. If you'd like any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing and promotions
We (or other selected third parties acting on our behalf) may contact you from time to time in order to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. All marketing emails that we send to you will follow the email guidelines described below. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, but if you do so, we may need to share your contact information with third parties for the limited purpose of ensuring that you do not receive marketing communications from them on our behalf.
Email communicationsWe adhere to the following guidelines in relation to our email communications:
- emails will clearly identify us as the sender;
- emails sent to you from our email marketing platform will include an option to unsubscribe from future email messages;
- you may unsubscribe from all mailing lists, with the exception of any emails regarding legal notices or invoicing;
- any third parties who send emails on our behalf will be required to comply with legislative requirements on unsolicited emails and the use of personal data.
If you no longer want to receive email or other communication from individuals at Synertec then you can make this request directly to the person contacting you, or by contacting email@example.com
Emails are sent using sender email address: @synertec.co.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you receive an email which claims to come from us but does not use these domains, or if you are suspicious that an email may not be approved by us, then please send a copy of the email to email@example.com so we can investigate.
Synertec’s employees may contact existing customers and other organisations for the purpose of discussing Synertec solutions.
If you no longer want to receive these calls we can add you to our do not call list, this can be requested over email, phone to the person contacting you, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
With whom might we share your personal data?
In the event that we receive requests from government departments, agencies or other official bodies, we will only disclose your information if, and to the extent that we believe we are legally required to do so, (for example, but without limitation, upon receipt of a court order, warrant, subpoena or equivalent).
Except as set out above, we will not disclose your personal data save where we need to do so in order to enforce our rights.
We endeavour to hold all personal data securely in accordance with our internal security procedures and applicable law.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and this information is transmitted at your own risk.
This is the website of Synertec Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03717583 whose registered office is at 2 Chelston Business Park, Castle Road, Wellington, TA21 9JQ, United Kingdom and whose VAT registration number is GB 736 6764 94.
If you want to request any information about your personal data or believe that we are holding incorrect personal data about you, please contact email@example.com
It is possible to obtain a copy of the information that we hold on you.
Notification of changes